Tuesday, October 26, 2010

M05ra steering mods!

Quirky little car the M05ra. The steering system seems to have a lot of inherent slop and the car exhibits strange torque steer because of this. Under acceleration the car pulls to one side and on brake it pulls to another.

Offroad this doesn't seem so apparent but I wanted to try to reduce the slop anyway, so first I changed out the servo saver to a Kimbrough one, and then I noticed there was a lot of slop where the bearings in the bellcranks sat on the pivot post. So I machined out new pivot posts to better fit the bearings. At the same time I machined a new steering link (the stock plastic one had flex) and a brace to support both sides of the pivots.

Here's the result...




Here's a picture of the chassis without the Datsun shell.




Car's been through 2 packs now at the track and it was a tad muddy... dirt makes the car look better though! lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment