Thursday, April 14, 2011

Introducing the F104-BC Edition. :)

Just finished this today...

Idea developed over a couple of days... designed and built in 2 nights.





This change in design hopes to achieve a couple of things:

- I run some weight on the rear of my normal F104... with the saddle pack configuration, I'm hoping to be able to run a lighter car but achieve a similar balance front to rear.
- locally our F1 runs include a 60-lap final. The typical 4000mah lipo that fits into a standard F104 doesn't allow me run anything else besides a standard silver can 540 motor - any hotter motor and the car has a high chance of running out of juice. This change should allow me to keep up with the guys running chassis which can fit larger capacity packs (e.g. Exotek conversions, HPI F10s, etc.)

Hope the weather allows this car to be tested sometime soon... we have a F1 run this weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment